YOUTH & FAMILY MINISTRIES
Click below to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
ENGAGE exists to provide hands-on opportunities for K-12 youth and their parents/guardians to help serve our community in fun and creative ways, exploring what it means to offer hope, healing, and hospitality. Participants receive a monthly newsletter including event and program updates, family devotional ideas and tools, and volunteer opportunities throughout the community.
2018-2019 School Year
- Wheat Planting at Plainsong Farm - Saturday, September 29, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 20 Liters Walk for Water in Hudsonville - Sunday, October 7, 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Caravan from COUMC at 2pm)
- Rockford Crop Hunger Walk - Sunday, October 21, Registration at 1pm, Walk starts at 2pm
- Spaghetti Scholarship Dinner - Sunday, November 18, following worship
- Lunch and Christmas Tree Cutting - Sunday, December 2, following worship
- Building Bucket Filters - Sunday, February 10, 2-4pm, Mars Hill Bible Church, 3501 Fairlanes Ave SW, Grandville
- An ENGAGE Event - Seed Planting - Sunday, March 3, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Future Events - TBD
Please contact our Youth & Family Director, Mike Edwardson, for questions and information at Michael.C.Edwardson@gmail.com
ENGAGE in ...
A Seed Planting Event
Sunday, March 3, 2-4 pm
Come plant Onions with Plainsong Farm!
Along with other local youth groups, we will start the first seeds of the Season on Sunday, March 3rd from 2pm-3:30pm in Courtland-Oakfield's Fellowship Hall.
We will learn about sowing seeds as well as discuss how the Bible speaks to topics such as the land and the soil.
Snacks and drinks will be provided, and please note that we will be working with soil, so dress appropriately.